Do you want to double your investment returns with less risk ?
You might be thinking this is some kind of a scam. It just sounds too good to be true ! Well, let me tell you it’s possible.
People invest in the stock market to achieve two broader objectives, to grow wealth and to earn income. Now wealth can only be generated through compounding and compounding only works over long periods of time. At the same time, people misinterpret trading as a way to build wealth. The goal of trading is to generate income so that you can invest for the long term to compound your wealth faster. There are many examples of successful investors but very few successful traders. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has often said that he trades in markets to accumulate capital to invest for the long term.
So the question is how do we achieve portfolio growth as well as income with less risk ? Well, to answer the question, we first need to understand a few fundamental or universal truths about the markets:
- Markets trend: This is natural to any market around world. Markets trend either on Bullish side or Bearish side for extended period of time. If there were no trends, there wouldn’t be any market in existence.
- Trends have corrections and reversals: Markets don’t go up or down in a straight line. They correct from time to time for multitude of reasons. But the natural fact is when the prices are stretched to the extremes on either side, Bullish or Bearish, they tend to mean revert.
- Both the above factors are caused by human emotions & collective psychology. Now it’s a fact that there is a buyer for every seller. So only supply & demand doesn’t create the price change. It’s the urgency or the emotions of the investor to buy or sell an asset that creates the price change. if all investors behaved rationally, then there would be an equilibrium and no price change to profit from.
The solution is to create a portfolio of low-correlated or not correlated investing / trading strategies to take advantage of the above fundamental behaviors. Ray Dalio, the billionaire hedge fund manager of the largest hedge fund of the world, Bridgewater Associates, has said that the diversification of the portfolio into uncorrelated to low correlated assets (read strategies) is the Holy Grail of Investing.
My goal here at DYR, is to provide you with quantitative models to establish a portfolio of uncorrelated strategies to grow your wealth faster with significantly less risk.
So if you are:
- someone who wants to earn an additional returns on existing portfolio of stocks or mutual funds.
- someone who wants to build a portfolio of uncorrelated strategies.
- someone who doesn’t have time to monitor markets on a daily basis.
- someone who wants to trade and invest based on rule based, data driven research.
- an investment professional who wants to enhance your knowledge to manage funds for your clients in a systematic way, You are in the right place.
Ready to learn How to Double your Investment returns with less risk ? Please sign up at the end of the page.
This blog is not for you If…
… you want daily action or looking for excitement.
… you’re looking for secrets to become rich overnight.
… you don’t have sufficient capital to invest.
… you don’t have any other source of income.
I have seen that the above factors usually lead to destruction of capital. I don’t trade intraday, Futures & Options (unless otherwise stated). But if you are looking for systematic and quantified ways to grow your wealth over the long term, you are most Welcome !
Who am I ?
My name is Hardik Upadhyay & I am the author of this blog. I am an Affiliate Member of the CMT Association, the USA with experience of over 16 years in the industry. I am passionate about quantitative trading & research especially swing trading/ mean reversion trading strategies.
I want to help people establish a portfolio of non-correlated quantitative strategies to enhance risk-adjusted returns. The strategies I trade are very simple, rule-based, and backed up with statistical data.